Halloween update 2012 is coming just short of a month and here is just a little taste of what’s going to happen in the event.
- Zombie villagers, 10% will actually spawn as them, 50% chance they will get infected on normal and a 100% chance on hard.
- Zombies can now pick up dropped items and equip them and can wear some armour!!!
- Black skeletons will be available to find in the nether and if you spawn a spider, black skeletons are able to become a spider jockey
- New foods, potatoes and carrots.
- you can put carrots on fishing rods then ride a pig to control it! Makes it easier to get the “When pigs fly” achievement.
- And the best one yet… A new boss!!!!!
The boss is called the Wither. This is what it looks like, credit to Minecraft wiki.
This boss is in the Nether and can be built using 4 bits of soul sand and 3 black skeleton skulls (Which is a rare drop from black skeletons) and it has its own death caption
“(your name) has withered away.”
It is the second most durable (hard to kill) mob after the ender dragon. And attacks by shooting 2 types of skulls. A black exploding skull which more powerful than a creeper and TNT, but I’m not sure about a charged creeper, maybe not. It also shoots a blue slower moving skull which has an enchantment called wither. What wither is turns all hearts black but you still live… for a while. So if you want to survive, hope for the best and use strength, swiftness, and healing potion, to avoid the skulls and get close enough to hurt the wither, I reccomend the diamond sword so it would be easier to kill it, but bows work too. Using that from a distance is good to avoid skulls and getting close to the wither. After half of the health is gone, it gets wither armour which make it immune to arrows. From then on, use the strength, healing and swiftness potion to get close and absolutely own the wither.
P.S this is my 250th post!!!